Healthy Breakfast Casserole
Posted On April 6, 2022
Often, you require a healthy make-ahead breakfast. Whether you’re serving a crowd or attempting to relieve hectic weekday early mornings, this breakfast casserole hits the spot.
Usually, breakfast casseroles consists of sausage and potatoes. I filled this one up with fresh veggies and greens rather, consisting of red bell pepper, green onion and spinach.
Velvety feta or goat cheese rounds everything out. You do not require a lots of dairy to accomplish a charming, glamorous texture. This is a lightened-up meal that appears more indulgent than it actually is.
This healthy breakfast casserole is the ideal addition to a vacation breakfast spread. Given that it provides some protein and veggies, it’s a fantastic method to assist stabilize those scrumptious carb-heavy deals with, like muffins and pancakes. I ‘d be enjoyed discover this choice together with bagels and cream cheese. Leftovers benefit lunch, too.
To establish this dish, I followed my sure-fire frittata formula. It’s simple to make, vibrant and scrumptious!
How to Make Breakfast Casserole
You’ll discover the complete dish listed below, however here’s a quick summary:
- Sauté the bell peppers and green onion up until tender, then include spinach and cook up until wilted. Set the pan aside for a couple of minutes to cool, so the warm veggies do not prepare the eggs when we stir them together.
- Blend together the eggs with a dash of full-fat dairy, like entire milk or Greek yogurt, plus some salt and pepper. Stir in half of the cheese (we’re booking the other half for topping the casserole).
- Transfer the veggies into the egg mix, stir to integrate, then carefully put everything into a buttered baking meal. Leading with the remainder of the cheese.
- Bake up until the eggs are prepared through. That’s it!
How to Prepare This Casserole beforehand
Prepare the mix as advised, however cool the egg and vegetable mix in a blending bowl or in the buttered baking meal for as much as 2 days.
Bake as directed, understanding that your meal might need a couple of additional minutes in the oven given that it’s beginning cold (particularly if you cooled in the baking meal).
Breakfast Casserole Serving Tips
This breakfast casserole would suit well with any breakfast spread. Here are some basic tips:
- Avocado Toast or any other toast
- Bagels with cream cheese and garnishes
- Crispy Hash Browns, which you can make in a frying pan while the frittata cooks
- Muffins, pancakes and waffles
- Salads, for a well-rounded healthier meal
Please let me understand how your breakfast casserole ends up in the remarks! I like speaking with you.
Healthy Breakfast Casserole
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare Time: 40 minutes
- Overall Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 portions 1 x
- Classification: Breakfast
- Technique: Baked
- Food: American
- Diet Plan: Vegetarian
Make this healthy breakfast casserole dish for the vacations or hectic weekday early mornings! Including red bell peppers, spinach and velvety cheese, this casserole is wholesome, hearty and loaded with fresh taste. Dish yields 8 generous portions.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 medium red bell peppers, sliced (about 2 cups).
3/4 cup very finely sliced green onion (about 1 little lot).
5 ounces approximately sliced spinach (about 5 cups).
- 12 eggs
3 tablespoons full-fat dairy (whipping cream, half-and-half, entire milk, sour cream or yogurt).
Numerous dashes of your preferred hot sauce, like Cholula.
1/2 teaspoon great salt.
10 twists of newly ground black pepper.
4 ounces (1 cup) collapsed feta or goat cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 by 13-inch pan with butter (do not be lured to utilize cooking spray; it does not work almost also).
- In a big frying pan, warm the olive oil over medium heat up until sparkling. Include the bell pepper and green onion and cook up until the pepper hurts and prepared through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Include the spinach to the frying pan and cook, while stirring, up until wilted, about 2 minutes. Set the pan aside to cool for a bit while we prepare the egg mix.
- Split the eggs into a medium blending bowl. Include your dairy of option, a number of dashes of hot sauce, plus the salt and pepper. Blend simply up until the egg yolks and whites are combined.
- Stir in half of the cheese (we’re booking the other half for topping the frittata prior to baking). Transfer the gently cooled veggies into the bowl, and stir to integrate.
- Put the mix into the ready pan. Uniformly distribute the staying cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes (watch on it), up until the eggs are puffed and appear prepared, and the center of the frittata simply hardly wiggles when you provide it a mild shimmy. For excellent step, place a fork about 1/4- inch into the center of the eggs and ensure the fork comes out tidy
- Location the frittata on a cooling rack up until you’re all set to serve. Slice with a sharp knife, and serve. Leftovers will keep well for about 4 days in the fridge. Delight in leftovers cooled, at space temperature level, or carefully reheat in the microwave or oven.
Prepare ahead of time: Cover and cool the mix up until you’re all set to bake (it ought to keep well for as much as 2 days). Bake as directed, however understand that your meal might need a couple of additional minutes in the oven given that it’s beginning cold.
Modification it up: I like the tastes you see here, however you can certainly utilize other veggies in comparable amounts. More sturdy greens like kale or chard will need a bit more cooking time. Discover other taste variations on my frittata post.
Can I freeze it? I do not suggest freezing remaining breakfast casserole. When I thawed my frozen pieces, they turned extremely watery and somewhat rubbery. If you’re trying to find a great egg-based freezer dish, have a look at my breakfast burritos.
▸ Nutrition Details
The details revealed is a price quote supplied by an online nutrition calculator. It ought to not be thought about an alternative to an expert nutritional expert’s guidance. See our complete nutrition disclosure here.
Check Out Complete Short Article https://cookieandkate.com/healthy-breakfast-casserole-recipe/ .